Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to depositing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting supplier. There are various categories of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glance at these. In that way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you wish to set up a weblog, mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain providers, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage services frequently include adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally imprecise interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain companies offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share a great number of images with comrades or associates since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your emails. Some suppliers provide web space hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to have as many video files as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to have a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mails, upload videos, and so on. At Jariyapiboon Hosting, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.